Amurika's Greatest Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2005

All Airlines Suck

















From: Jesse S
To: Continental Airlines Customer Service
Subject: Continental Airlines Flight experience

Dear Continental Airlines,

Thank you for trapping me on your horrible airplane for 7 hours today. I was just wondering after being forced to watch your president talk about how great your airline is, has he ever ridden in coach? And does he hate dogs?

If he doesn't hate dogs, then why do you make it so damn hard to travel with a tiny dog that weighs 20 pounds(with carrier) - that I paid $160 for alone out of a total fair of almost $1000?

Not to mention the fact that our carry-on dog and carry-on luggage were dealt with arbitrarily on round trip using the exact same airports and airplanes.

When I called your customer service two weeks ago to confirm the max size of carry on bags, the representative told me that 50 inches was fine. I specifically asked about the part of the flight from Newark to Hartford/Bradley. I told your rep this flight was on a smaller airplane, and he told me that our carry on bags would fit as carry-on on the smaller express planes.

On the flight from SFO to Hartford, we had no problems with checking in the dog, but we were told that one out of two of our carry on bags were too big, even though it was well within the dimensions listed on your website and given to me by your customer service agent, (50 inches).

In checking in for the return flight from Bradley to SFO via Newark, the curbside check-in guy was a creepy weirdo who would frighten any reasonable man. He said that I had to bring my dog to the ticket counter. This did not happen on the original flight from SFO to Hartford.

The ticket-counter agents at the Bradley Continental departure terminal were arguing with us over whether the dog carrier was too big and whether the dog was too heavy, which he was not. They said they would be fined by the something-or-other agency but after arguing about it for 10 minutes they let us go through.

On the flight today from Newark to San Francisco SFO, they put us in the 9th row which is only the second row of coach. Coach is where you put the poor people and give them chairs that bend their spines into a J.

Also the chairs recline which is nice, but the arm rest does not recline, so if you have a lady with you and would like to sit closer together, you're being punched in the face by the armrest.

By the time I was allowed to board, which was last of course, there was no room for any of my carry on, and all of my fragile cargo had to be checked (Checked is when the underpaid teenager throws the bag onto the plane- beneath the other seventy five bags he'll also throw in)

When we arrived at SFO and waited for the baggage to arrive at the carousel, we again were delayed. We landed in SF at 7:30pm, and didn't have everything we'd checked until at LEAST 8:30pm.

I don't understand why so much money gets me so little service. I can't say that I will ever fly your airline again with my dog, if I fly it at all.

Good cheeseburgers though.

1 Comments:

  • Enjoyed your Blog! Hope you will come visit my Blog/Ezine. An online ezine
    with Travel Log forums as well as other social commentary forums. New members are welcome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home