Amurika's Greatest Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Today gets better and better!

So I came home from work early because my brain was unable to simultaneously deal with just having been ran down by a crazy asian lady, getting constantly lectured by an old arrogant chinese man at work who we'll just call TV, and having to deal with everything else I have to deal with at work.

Taylor and I decided to order chinese food from the only place around here that I've decided has good potstickers (thats California for pork-dumplings) and Taylor's decided has good ribs. When I know someone is coming over to deliver something, I'll put Mr. Barclay someplace so he doesn't run out the door.

The chinese delivery guy gets here and he must have been at least a 70 year old man. I don't know what went wrong but after the guy hands me the food, the dog comes flying out of nowhere and runs up to the guy to say hi. He didn't lunge or bite or anything.



The chinese guy recoils in horror and backs into the corner of the hallway, shaking in fear, and puts up his hands as if he's about to be eaten by the Alien, and makes some kind of noise like "OH NO NO NO AH AH".

I picked up Mr. Barclay and put him back in the house and then went back to the door, the chinese delivery guy looked like he was about to have a heart attack. I've never seen a look of such horror on someone's face, ever.

I was genuinly concerned about this man's heart stopping on my doorstep which I don't think is covered in my renter's insurance. I asked him a few times if he was alright, if he needed to sit down, needed help getting back to his car. "NO NO I FINE". I gave him his money and he shook himself down the stairs.

I called the restaurant and asked to talk to the owner and told them what happened and that I was afraid the delivery man might be dying of a heart attack or something. They actually laughed at me and told me not to worry about it.

So yah, Mr Barclay almost killed an old man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home