Amurika's Greatest Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It won't stop

Well I don't know what happened but around 7:30pm today, Mr. Barclay vomited up at least a pound of dogfood on the floor in front of the couch. We Taylor cleaned it up while I looked on in horror. Then a few minutes later, Mr Barfley had another go at the rug.

Taylor cleaned it up again while I comforted the doggy and tried to give him some water. We went upstairs to the bedroom and about 10 minutes later the dog followed us. I wasn't paying attention and a few minutes later I see another pile of unswallowed dogfood. I had no idea the dog could hold this much food.

While Taylor was cleaning that up, I was pondering whether the dog was really sick or not. Then he runs downstairs and vomits on his petbed. This earns him a trip to the vet where there is only one way to take a dog's temperature.



One hour (and roughly the cost of a new dog) later, I had a happy nonsick Mr Barclay, and some x-rays which show that he is full of skeleton and dogstuff. We have no idea what went wrong, althrough I have my theories:

  • Eating the carpet
  • Eating the wicker-basket that holds his toys
  • Eating Taylor's papers, shoes, and cell phone all in the same day
  • Eating every single thing that he encounters on his walk, alive or not
We will give him anti-nausea and anti-biotic for a few days and he should be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home